GsmKhmer វេទិកាពិភាក្សាបញ្ហាទូរស័ព្ទ
25 Oct 2014, 01:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
!!
Hi Guest
You can not see whole of forum posts, Please Login or Register first. Thanks

មិត្តនៅមិនទាន់អាចមើលឃើញនូវខ្លឹមសារទាំងស្រុងរបស់វេទិការនេះនៅឡើយទេ, សូមចូលរួមជាមួយយើងខ្ញុំ Login or Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HP iPAQ 910c English ROM Update  (Read 1986 times)
A A A A
GSM2010Topic starter
ជាងជួសជុលទូរស័ព្ទ
WebMaster

មិត្តភាពគ្មានព្រំដែន

Cambodia Cambodia

Thank You
-Given: 2366
-Receive: 3930

Windows XP Windows XP
Browser:
Firefox 3.6.13 Firefox 3.6.13

gsmkhmer
« on: 28 Feb 2011, 08:42 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi all,

I will post this solution on all forums I visited. I could be useful for some other desperate person who's ipaq 910 is bricked o that wants to change the language of the device.

I consider myself a noob on this, I don't know how to support any other iPaqs, I don't know how if this will work on all iPaqs. I just fixed mine, I'm happy about it, and I feel I have to share this experience. Sorry if you have questions that I can't answer.

This process also works to change the language from anything else to English. I'm not sure if it will work 100% due to hardware differences, but it worked to change it from Spanish firmware (original one) to English WWE

First, I followed the procedure specified by Paloma on the link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=459123
or here (on gsmkhmer.com)
HP iPAQ 61x, 91x Stuck @ Bootloader Solition
Now, I will re-write the procedure created by Paloma, to a more clear version:

1- What's needed:
- iPaq 910 :p
- Necessary software
- In case you want a different firmware, go to the HP site and download it. I just found the English one, I don't know is that available in other languages.I downloaded the English WWE version.
- I used Windows Vista SP1. It should work on Windows XP.

2- Decide which file you want to use:
- Download the necessary software from these links:
http://rapidshare.com/files/201661070/Fixed_bricked_iPaq_910_-_Change_device_language.zip
or
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V4LVJ5SP
- If you want to use my file, go to Part 4, if you want to edit your own in your desired language, continue reading to edit the file.

3- Editing the downloaded file from HP site.
- Download the file from the HP site. The link I used was:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?
- Execute the install. Notice that after installing, it will run the update utility.
Cancel it
- Go to the folder that the installer left the files, in my computer it was C:\iPAQ\SP40181, then you will notice that the file FLASH.NBF is there
- From the necessary software download, look for XVI32 and execute it, then open the file FLASH.NBF
- Click on the menu "XVIscript" then "Editor"
- In Editor, type: DEL 3432 then click on the "Execute" button
- It will ask you to save the script, it's not necessary
- Then Save the file as Flash.DIO.

4- Transfering the file FLASH.DIO to the iPaq
- Now that you have your Flash.DIO, either using my file, or the one you edited, you need to transfer it.
- From the necessary software package, go to DNW, open DNW.exe, [Configuration] => [Option], change [Download Address] from 0xc000000 to 0x3000000. You can keep the application open.
- Rename FLASH.DIO to FLASH.nb0
- Bring your Device to "Download image" mode. To do this, press the OK + VOLUME DOWN + Reset
NOTE: Please notice OK button is the one below the track wheel, on the right side, not the one in the QWERTY keyboard.
- Plug your device to PC. I used Windows Vista drivers and I did not need to use other drivers. In case the drivers are needed for you, then manually select driver to install (files are in SEC folder, on DNW)
- Back to DNW application, click on menu on [USB Port] => [UBOOT] => [UBOOT] and select Flash.nb0. After this, you should start seeing a progress bar, indicating that the file is being transfered.

After the transfer is complete, the screen will display # signs for the progress while the firmware is installed. It takes a while. After it's finished, the iPaq will reboot and do a Clean Boot by itself. It takes a while again. After it's finished, it will start to boot and you will see the green Windows Mobile 6.1 boot screen.

I hope I made it easier for anyone out there. Give the credit to Paloma for providing this tool. At the end I just followed the instructions from the post, bricked my iPaq by using the wrong file, but now it's fixed and I changed the language

Drinks

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: